Welcome to May Networth update! Networth increase of 3.2k, yay!
With the COVID situation things are progressing as planned. Places start to open up here in Portugal (Lisbon) and people are going out. For me personally i will only “need” to return to the office somewhere around September or October so this date was pushed for now.
To be honest i kind of prefer it as i stated previously. Much more chances to grow my prospect projects and collaboration.
This month was also my birthday and we celebrated within reasonable means. Mrs.Firecracker ordered some seafood for lunch and we had a feast ! We also had some hotdogs for dinner and my parents came by for some cake (wearing a proper mask).
1) Portfolio went up not significantly (only 2%) but we are in the break-even part. Meaning regaining not only all the losses of the market crash and shooting upwards.
2) Saved 29% of our income (1185.43€ / 4121.07€)
3) Projects. If you recall my last post i explained 5 side projects i was working on besides my regular job. I will be giving an update on those from time to time since this could have a big impact into our financial progress.
Project A – Implementing a solution end-to-end for health (video, triage, IOT and analystics). Progress: We onboarded a 4th partner and have decided to implement a fully free POC in the Portuguese market. I guess this month we will see if we can walk the talk.
Project B – with 1 partner doing a market analysis for implementing new player in the European market for the mobility + energy area. Progress: Partnership extended to evaluating startups for a Canadian business organization. This is moving well and my partner is really pushing for the topic.
Project C – Sucess fee partnership. There is a mature product developed by one of my partners for ticket management. He chargers per user of the tool. – Progress: All halted. Not only sucess should be transmitted. I was unable to find any customers for this solution. I will drop this project.
Project D – Consulting project for a major telecom player. Progress: we have made some slide decks to present to potential customers. Commercial developement is progressing slower than expected. We have now a lead to push a project proposal so lets see how that goes.
Project E – Currently this started as a pro-bono consulting for Augmented Reality implementation in hospitals. Good news is that we made a presentation to a hospital group board and they might be interested in doing a POC. I have many partners here since the CEO of the company is surgeon. Good thing is that we have the field experts already onboard. I cannot calculate any payout for now but we are planning to apply to some european grants and since my partners are all very well placed and senior this should be attainable. Progress: Project halted. Nobody available to lead the project so i decided to jump-out.
Bottom line i’ve decided to re-focus and this still means a lot in the pipeline.
4) IRS: Still no anwser here. They had the nerve to say in national news they are deliberately taking more time to process..
5) P2P world.
5.1) Wisefund – still same. Nothing new.
5.2) Mintos – Nothing new. Everything seems to be stopped.
5.3) Monethera – still same. Nothing new.
5.4) Robo.cash – Full exit.
Now, coming to our monthly networth…
Our Networth value for April is 401 908.33€ ( 5 605,08)
- ETFs Portfolio: 27 341.92 € (+548.28)
- Retirement Accounts (aka PPR): 13 940.47 € (+109.96)
- Certificates Deposit + Emergency Fund: 135 186.39 € (+3 241.12)
- P2P Portfolio: 7 542.32 € (– 1048.69)
- Total Investment accounts: 184 011.10 € ( +2 850.67)
Real Estate (Based on Market Values)
- Primary Residency: 300 000 €
- Farms: 70 000 €
- Total Real Estate: 370 000€
- Mr.Firecracker Car: 20 000 €
- Mrs.Firecracker Car: 18 000 €
- Scooter: 1 500 €
- Total Cars: 39 500€ (=)
Total Assets: 593 511.11 € (+2 850.67)
- Primary Residency: 191 602.77 € (-347.31)
Our Networth drilldown looks like this:
You can follow our Networth status always here